Industrial fans are the heart of air aspiration and filtration systems
Centrifugal industrial fans represent the main component of extraction systems for air purification and filtration. They are the means by which the necessary extraction is carried out in all extraction systems. According to UNI ISO 13349:2009 norm, it’s possible to define centrifugal industrial fans, their direction of rotation, the position of the outlet and engine positions.
CORAL standard industrial fans are realized to be connected at aspiration and discharge pipe; the purchase of centrifugal fans implies that the buyer will make the connections to the pipes and / or machinery as specified from UNI EN ISO12499-2009 norm. CORAL Engineering Milan provides appropriate accessories for correct installation.
CORAL Engineering industrial fans are in accordance with the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC where they are defined as “partly machinery”. Each fan is followed by incorporation statements as in Annex II Part 1 Section B. Centrifugal fans are those in which the air enters the impeller with a substantial axial direction and leaves it in a perpendicular direction to the axis. The industrial fans impeller blades can be: negative or reversed (backward curved), positive (forward curved), straight (radial).
Centrifugal industrial fans can have 16 different orientation positions, 8 clockwise (RD) and 8 counterclockwise (LG). The rotation direction is determined by looking at the centrifugal fan from the side of the transmission or engine. For industrial centrifugal fans, the motor position is indicated as W when it’s placed to the right of the transmission shaft, Z when it’s placed to the left of the transmission shaft.
For potentially explosive environments special centrifugal fans are produced with two different types of certifications: non sparking and/or anti-ignition fans or Atex fans in accordance with the 2014/34/EU Directive.
Some types of industrial fans:
- Centrifugal fan with reverse blade impeller for the extraction of very dusty air, transportation of granular materials, non-fibrous shavings.
- Centrifugal fan with reverse blade impeller, for the extraction of clean air or slightly dusty air and coating plants.
- Centrifugal fan with reverse blade impeller for dusty air, sawdust and non-fibrous shavings.
- Centrifugal fan with forward blade impeller for high flow rates of clean or slightly dusty air, fume extraction and vapors extraction.
- Centrifugal fan with reverse blades for the extraction of air, even if dusty, and pneumatic transport.
- Centrifugal fan with forward curved blades or open blades, suitable for the extraction of exhaust fumes and extraction of combustion fumes.
- Centrifugal fan with open blades, suitable for the transport of granular material.
- Centrifugal fan with open blades for pneumatic conveying and extraction of dusty air, including fibrous materials.
- Helical intubated fan.
- Roof fan with reverse blades for the extraction of smoke and vapors and air changes.
The choice of the best spray booths to buy first of all depends on the objects that need to be coated. Manufacturers must be given the information on data sheets of coating products in use.
The evolution of electrostatic filters in mechanical engineering industry made aspiration and filtration systems for oil mists generated during tools cooling down efficient.
As regards systems engineering, there are two concerned sectors: filtration systems and suction plants which require the use of filters and industrial centrifugal fans.